Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nothing growing yet....



My garden plot is currently a barren waste land. The only thing growing is some volunteer strawberry plants. I'm guessing birds dropped the seeds. I have 3 total and 2 are quite large and not caring one bit about the cold and yucky weather. The seeds I planted on the other hand have yet to pop their little heads up. Even the peas I planted almost two weeks ago are just barely sprouting.






Here are some pictures of my peat pots for starting my tomatoes and peppers. I can not believe that the sharpie I used to mark them bleed. I thought sharpie was suppose to be permanent. Apparently other is not exposed to hot humid environments. Hopefully the ink that ran won't poison us or effect the germination of my seeds. At least I can still read what I wrote, so I can tell the seedlings apart. Last year, I marked the peat post and that was a disater. I basically had no idea what anything was and ended up giving a friend 4 yellow pear tomato plants. They never want to see a yellow pear tomato again! So this year I'm determined to keep better track of my plants. Next year I will use something other than colored sharpie!

No comments:

Post a Comment